24 December 2010

Cheap travel Chicago to Paris

Good morning and Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all!

I am seeing some better and better OFFERS for cheap travel in Europe lately. In some cases, the offers were too good to be true (I saw $219 per person one way to Dublin--until I read that that didn't include the $240+ in taxes AND FEES that the site was tagging on!!).

While Dublin is about as good a deal as any in Europe as a gateway cities go, it is still coming in around $650 USD. Based on the going rate this is NOT BAD. In fact, I think that the real travel deal seekers will find sub-$600 fares to Dublin with some patience and flexibility.

But my search for cheap travel to Europe led me to other places this morning and I just thought I would share a pretty good deal I found to Paris-Charles De Gaul (CDG). The price may not knock your socks off, but the outbound is a non-stop and the return has a stop, but good connection in Amsterdam (a nice airport!). SO.... I found Delta flights in late March roundtrip Chicago-Paris-Chicago for $682 per person. As I say, considering the non-stop outbound. The older I get and the more crazy delays and things get, the more I like to get on and get off once.

This one was a late March Tuesday to Tuesday travel, which is a great time for people looking for cheap travel to Europe and I think this Spring will be a nice time to find some deals on airlines desperate to survive the "recession" in a year where the forecasts are already down. The same should go for hotels. I saw a couple for $140 USD a night, which is around 100 EUR a night for a hotel (please don't think I'm talking about hostels or other cheap ways to stay--those are MUCH cheaper--especially staying with old college buddy or something). These are pretty good prices for most European cities, especially Paris.

Good luck, fellow travellers. I will try to post some more good options on cheap travel to Europe soon. Wanted to get this one up while it was fresh. If you are traveling this holiday, be safe and may God protect you!

No comments: